DCC Museum_0024

In Dorchester is Maumbury Rings, latterly used by the Roman as an amphitheatre and also as a military fort during the English Civil Way (1642). Harold St. George Gray, who was formerly Pitt River's assistant, excavated between 1908 and 1913 and determined that the original construction was Neolithic period henge. Gray used a grid system to methodically excavate rather than 'digging for gold'.

DCC Museum_0012


Contact & Feedback : Egyptology and Archaeology through Images : Page last updated on 07-August-2009  : Recommended Books